Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Jan 2018~A time for Cozy if ever there was one~







Some things..you know are made for you..

like when I tried and tried to learn crochet when we went to The Cape..and it worked..with help and inspiration from super stitching girls like Marie and Susan and Linda and inspiration from Tanna too..
and..it was meant to be..

my first efforts were..well quite bad and my poor girls got a few for Christmas..including  ones that had started turning out quite..cute..cute enough that I felt I could offer them..I may have offered some too soon..:(

You just get such a good feeling when something finally works..

So ..I thought try a blankie!
LOL..Linda was making them..and Tanna..and Marie..

See that large napkin above..? That was supposed to be a blanket..either I didn't use the right hook or wool or most probably both but it is ..awful.
Love the colors love the feel..too small for a baby blanket..doll crib..or small lap..so it's on my small lap cause it's freezing..

so NEVER again..Never.

Hate it..hated stitching it all together..hated it...it's folded there..so believe me  ..there are a lot of  hated squares there..

And there's been a lot of tea drank..drunk? Both..:)

I love Brambly Hedge so sweet to me..lucky lucky girl..I have the 4 seasons and a plate..second hand..perfect condition.
I fell in love with BH later in Life..

I have become smitten w/ tea cozies..

little dresses for your tea pots..my girls would never want one..but hey..that's what being granny lets you do..:)
Pinterest is packed with TC adorableness..I have one I am saving for Easter that Kathleen stitched.

I have been using that beautiful tea cozy I showed you..made by that same wonderful Kathleen:)


I thought ..try..try..

I had Pinned quite a few patterns and found 2 that were quite similar to each other..crochet..not knit like Kathleen's..

I started with the first one..and that Bernat Cotton..then the second..they are both very similar and such nice girls to share~

So I got to use a stitch counter for the first time:) I learned to work 2 sides.. and decrease for around the lid..and things were going ok..
that cotton doesn't stretch like wool that Kathleen uses..  so this needs a button..and I wasn't excited by the rough edge by the spout so I added a frill.

Not one leaf is the same..I just have not found a pattern I have down pat:(They are all turning out differently and there was supposed to be a few more roses..mine turned out HUGE..
Nevertheless..

I thought..it's your first..your mistakes will become less..like the granny squares..and you will get this..

so I went to Michael's and bought red WOOL..

I stitched and stitched and it became big enough for 2 tea pots..so..all the wool is wrapped up.
I may never make another.

See that little stitched pillow w/ my blanket? I made that perhaps 30 yrs ago..it's been following us from house to house..well  I may have noticed 10 yrs ago too and thought I would get around to it..but didn't..I still have straight pins in it at the bottom for the hand finishing:(

Thank Goodness no one has been harmed. 

That's my only New Year's Resolution.
Stitch the thing.


Christmas is still up and the fires are burning..more polar weather expected to continue~
Still have Christmas baking..so I've only made soups that you have seen..I may bake some wonderful savoury cheese shortbreads  I saw at Sol's @memoriesinthebaking https://www.instagram.com/memoriesinthebaking/,shared on IG:) I need Gruyère.


And oh dear I forgot to mention that the ice ornaments are a breeze..muffin tins..I have made wreaths and lanterns..never an ornament..idea was gleaned @redtealeaves on IG.

Extreme Cold Warning
Quebec
4 hours ago – Environment Canada
The combination of very cold air and brisk winds will keep wind chill values between minus 35 and minus 44 over Western and Central Quebec until later this morning ...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar