Here's a photo of my desk at the City Paper yesterday morning. It's still early, but already, it's damn near smothered in page proofs. This is why I refer to every single Tuesday as "Black Tuesday." (We publish 52 issues a year. Like the Pinkertons, we never sleep.)I read everything in the paper at least twice -- once early in the process, so I can make some editor's notes -- and then at very end of the process, when I look at page proofs, searching for obvious mistakes. We ship the paper at high noon on Wednesdays, so Black Tuesday becomes the day when I read almost everything in page proofs. By day's end, I'm ready to remove my eyeballs from their sockets and place them in mason jars.
(Okay, okay, I posted this entry mostly to see if a photo I took with my cameraphone would work using blogger's new "upload photo" feature. We'll see if it does...)
0 Yorumlar