Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Today was one of those days

Today was one of those days.   Usually Sundays are hard on me trying to get three kids fed,  dressed nicely, and headed out the door for church without Satan trying to steal my spirit.  (It happens).  Today I woke up and told myself, “Jill…Enjoy the day.”  I had to remind myself a few times that it’s OKAY not to get all the chores done that I create to do.  It’s Sunday, the day of rest.  And if you really know me, you know I don’t rest.  I wish I did.  It doesn’t come easily for me.  But today I tried extra hard not to rush, to sit back and relax, but most importantly to cherish the moment with my kids.
I spent a lot of time today wiping Annie’s runny nose, tying John Brantley’s new tennis shoes not in double knots, but quadruple knots, whipping his bottom 4 different times because he refuses to master that skill, making Ford various meals, putting Annie on the potty in the hopes that she will want to potty train soon, playing rock, paper, scissors and arm wrestling with The Bit, explaining to Ford about people with special needs, and bathing the kids.  It was a normal day, but I tried to enjoy even the butt wiping.
Before they hopped in the bath, Ford asked if they could all sleep with Annie.  99% of the time I would have said no way on a school night, but I said, “sure!”  I think he was even amazed and the answer to his request.  So we all 4 crawled into her queen sized bed and snuggled in.  I held Ford’s hand and Bit and Annie and I shared my other hand.  We were squooshed in there, and quite frankly I was a tad uncomfortable with my arms crossed the wrong way across my body holding their hands, but I didn’t care.  I sort of got tears in my eyes knowing, “they need me!’  They do.  If I weren’t here who would tie Bitty’s shoes in 4 knots?  Who would make Ford all the snacks of his requests?  Who would wipe Annie’s nose 75 times?  They need me, BUT they won’t always need me.  One day they will grow up, become independent, and move out.  Then they won’t need me to do all my momma duties.  My challenge to myself is, “Slow down.  Don’t always worry about my stupid to do list.  And enjoy the moments.”

******************************************************************
Now that I've been nice and sappy for you, we will discuss what my babies did while I was in Boston.  Trey and I left at 4:30 AM on Thursday, August 3.  I asked my dad, BoomPa, to spend the night Wednesday night with us.  Thankfully he did.  After the kids woke up they loaded up in my car and headed to Germantown to stay with my brother's family.
When my sister in-law offered to keep my kids without consulting Ken. I told her that was fabulous but to please check with him first.  He agreed and off my children went.  Naturally, they were extactic.  Annie played a lot of dress up.
 I left my children each their own happy everyday.  I did this the last few times we went somewhere and it was a big hit.  It helps John Brantley to count down the days until our return.  On this particular day he opened sidewalk chalk.
 Jack and Bitty
 She's a fun and brave Aunt Ashley to take them to the spray park all alone.  However, Molly Cate is 11 and a huge help.
 Even Bitty got in on the princess dress up!!!!!!
 Friday Ashley called to say Ford had fever.  I knew it was the strep still lingering from the beach.  Sure enough it was.  Thankfully Aunt Ashley took him to the doctor!
Saturday afternoon Uncle Ken drove them back to Senatobia where Puddin took over the rest of the day, Sunday, and Monday.  Then BoomPa got control Tuesday from 8:00 AM- 12:15 PM, and Anna Greer got them until we got home at 2:30.  It takes a village people!!!!

Needless to say, we are ever so thankful for all the help it took for us to go and enjoy some much needed parent time away from the kids we love so much so that we could hear ourselves think for a hot minute.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar