Both Ward Kimball and Milt Kahl are credited with saying things like "If I know how to take something apart and put it back together again, then I can draw it." I totally agree with that and this is Glen's attempt to "take apart" an Eagle so everyone on the crew would understand the giant eagle character in the movie. Most of this stuff applies to birds in general.
Be aware that many of these eagle drawings have TINY heads. Look at this first page...that head is wee! That's becasue Glen was trying to draw this bird as a GIANT eagle. That's how you put over the idea of a giant....draw a regular man, then shrink his head down. Viola! Instant giant. Proportions are a magical thing. Watch them carefully!
Just don't study this and start learning to draw only birds with teeny tiny heads. People will think you're weird.








Okay, that's about all the Glen Keane stuff I have. Anyway, this isn't supposed to be a Glen fansite! Something totally different to come soon.
***UPDATE***I scanned these quickly and even though I scanned them at high res I think I accidentally saved them at a smaller size. Please leave feedback about if these scans I've been doing lately are too small or what. Also, the top of page 6 got cut off. It says "Primaries span off of hand". If these scans are inadequate I will redo when I can!
0 Yorumlar