Introduction: Life in the Fifties
It's odd when I think of the arc of my life, from child, to young woman, to aging adult. First I was who I was. Then I didn't know who I was. Then I invented someone and became her. Then I began to like what I'd invented. And finally I was what I was again.Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake
by Anna Quindlen
This is a first. I downloaded Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake on audio (read by the author) yesterday morning and by late afternoon was at the bookstore buying a print copy - one day, one book, two purchases. It really seemed like Anna Quinden was speaking to me. After just one chapter, there were so many passages to be reread and reflected upon that owning a print copy seemed the only choice. I suspect every woman who has reached her 50th birthday will need a copy of this book, too!
Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the opening paragraph (sometime two) of a book she decided to read based on the opening paragraph(s). Feel free to grab the banner and play along.


0 Yorumlar