In an ideal world, we should not live with our adult children. But the world is not ideal and for the foreseeable future there are currently four people but three generations of adults living in our home... One of whom often doesn't seem to know what is going on but becomes quite bristly at any suggestion that might be the case. And another who is facing a serious battle with mental health issues and finding the presence of a grandparent rather difficult. Meanwhile my long suffering husband (whose foot is much better thank you... Sunday morning's panic over) is displaying extreme patience whilst he tries to build a new business and find work despite constant interruption. And me? I'm just playing piggy in the middle trying to keep everyone happy. Miss Piggy in the middle judging by the amount of left over Christmas cake consumed this week.
So when I got into Gill's car yesterday and announced it felt like Thelma and Louise, I wasn't kidding. Escape was the only thing on my mind! Except we didn't launch ourselves off a cliff but headed for a wonderful peaceful day of stitching at Backstitch.
After a cup of tea and a good old moan, we set to work. Well, Gill set to work and I fiddled about for far too long with scraps of fabric using a method by Alex Waylett that was in last month's Stitch magazine. I got as far as pinning them together before I got bored (it needs a awful lot more little cut out circles than you would imagine) so you'll have to wait and see what it turns into.
Meanwhile Gill was very busy, sewing up what is going to be a really fabulous poncho with a stunning fuchsia pink funnel neck. (if you are reading this Gill... for the first time ever, I spelt Fuchsia without the aid of a dictionary.)
And eventually I got around to starting another new dress... this is part of an effort to buy less but make more of my own clothes. It is nowhere near finished but I promise to show you when it's done. Especially as we are already booked into Backstitch's Social Sew again next month.
I returned home with my sanity restored ( well, as good as it ever is ), slept well for a change and have had a productive morning baking. I'm now about to have an equally productive afternoon carrying on with my stitching. That dress might be ready to show you sooner than I thought!



0 Yorumlar