
A few months back I wrote about how Grindhouse is nothing more than a flat out tribute to John Carpenter. You can read about it here. And that got me thinking... how many other things has John Carpenter influenced? The guy writes his own stuff, directs it, writes the music, and even sometimes edits it. There's no doubt he has paved the way for modern horror and numerous remakes, but he's also directed biopics and westerns.
So on the days after the opening of Grindhouse April 9th-11th (I'm not stepping on The Bleeding Trees Trashy Movie Blog-A-Thon), I ask you to write about John Carpenter's influence during The John Carpenter Effect: A Blog-A-Thon. Could be on music. On movies. On cartoons. On comic books. On bad hair. Whatever.
Spread the word. It's short notice. Show John Carpenter a little love.
So on the days after the opening of Grindhouse April 9th-11th (I'm not stepping on The Bleeding Trees Trashy Movie Blog-A-Thon), I ask you to write about John Carpenter's influence during The John Carpenter Effect: A Blog-A-Thon. Could be on music. On movies. On cartoons. On comic books. On bad hair. Whatever.
Spread the word. It's short notice. Show John Carpenter a little love.
0 Yorumlar