Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

One Year of Blogging

Today is the one year anniversary of my first blog post. In my first post, I said:
I have wanted to have a place to post book reviews and thoughts about books for years, but never got past my inertia to get it going. Recently, I have been motivated to join some reading challenges and having a blog seems the best way to be involved. So, here I am.
I am glad I got motivated (with the help of my husband) to start the blog, and I am continuing to use it for the same goals, one year later. I am still joining challenges, even though I now realize the work involved. And I am enjoying writing up my thoughts about all of the mysteries I read. And some non-mystery fiction and non-fiction.

My husband has been my proofreader. He has shared his books and his knowledge in many areas. If only I could write as concisely and to the point as he does.


What has been a surprise is how rewarding it is to get acquainted with other bloggers and how much blogging has expanded my universe of books and genres I want to read. I am grateful to bloggers who have inspired me with their posts and supported me as I took my first shaky steps into blogging.

Another surprise is how much work it is to keep up with a blog.  And I don't put near the effort into it that some of my fellow bloggers do. Even with all the work, I would not give up the fun, the sharing, and the creative outlet. So, I am looking forward to continuing the blog and working on improving my writing and organizational skills.

NOTE: The cover above is a gratuitous paperback mystery cover featuring a skull. I love this cover and I may never read the stories in the book... since short stories are not my thing. Although there are some stories by authors I like: Ruth Rendell, Rex Stout, Isaac Asimov, Bill Pronzini, and others I am less familiar with.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar