This block is going to be dedicated to the Oak Tree in winter, no leaves just the silhouette.
I've chosen green cottons and a bit of gold to lift the background and decided to work all of the seams in gold thread with a bit of shiny green around the gold.
This is unusual for me as green is not my favourite colour but my usual reds and yellows wouldn't work here would they?
Here's the image I found on the net and I will use this loosely as my stencil.
the surround is a template that Tom cut our for me from plastic and I covered in masking tape, it makes it easier to see how the end block will look.
And here is the roughly stitched base for the tree
not sure if I will try a bit of felting for the trunk as I have recently purchased a felting machine.
close up of a few of the stitched patches.
And finally a picture of Polly having fun with a cleaning cloth that has just been beached.
0 Yorumlar