Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Garden catalogues.


Spring must be near, with the influx of garden catalogues arriving.
It's so hard not to be seduced by amazing new vegetables...a tomato and potato on the same plant?

I am reining in my wishlist this year.
I don't have a huge plot and I don't have unlimited amounts of time.
So I shall probably just grow some of the things that are nicest to pick from the garden, such as Broad beans, Runner beans and Mangetout peas.
And a Courgette (Zucchini)
And maybe a cucumber.


I won't bother with leeks this year, as around 50% were small and thin last year. Sainsburys does it better!
Potatoes are a must, but again I'm limiting myself to one large pot and one small area of garden. Last year I grew the variety Nicola in a large pot , and they were very good.
Of course, I can't be without my greenhouse Tomatoes.
Maybe I'll try a new variety this year.
And the Cucumber too.

And then there's the flower garden!
Choices , choices.
Sweet Williams? Alstromeria? Scabious?
I have to go through those catalogues very carefully.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar