Happy Weekend friends! I was unable to use my computer for almost a week thanks to my little pooch Max who chewed the power cord to my computer. I had to order the replacement on line since the stores near me did not have it in stock. Waiting for the cord felt like forever. My goodness what would we do without our electronics right? I felt so disconnected from everyone. Especially my followers. So I will be catching up with your comments, blog posts and a little research in the next few days.
I am also looking forward to spending Saturday in New York again. I will be going to Laduree, a French bakery and tea room that has been on my must visit list for a while now. And you can be sure that I will take plenty of pictures to share with you all.
Now to the real important stuff... Today, I am sharing a new salad recipe that I recently made for my husband and I. It is so yummy that I just can't get enough of this salad. It is very light and fresh, and the colors are just incredible together. Leave it to mother earth for creating the ultimate color palette right? It is summer on a plate. It is great as a side dish or as your main meal. It is quickly becoming our new favorite salad.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
Summery Salad
Serves 4 to 6
1 large radish
Juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup)
1 large radish
Juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup)
¼ lemon juice
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup chopped mint
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cucumber
1/4 cup chopped mint
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cucumber
½ cup of mixed tomatoes
2 figs
1/2 cup crumbled goat or sheep’s milk feta
2 figs
1/2 cup crumbled goat or sheep’s milk feta
¼ cup red onions
Cut onions, cucumbers, tomatoes and figs. (I cut the figs in half) Using a hand guard, thinly slice the radishes with a mandoline. (If you don’t have a mandoline, you can use a very sharp knife – you want the radishes to be paper-thin.)
In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, balsamic vinaigrette and the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Place vegetables on serving platter and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped mint, feta and top with vinaigrette. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and enjoy…






0 Yorumlar