Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The worst beauty products of 2017

Hello ladies,

before making a list of my 2017 favourites and 2018 wishlist, I want to warn everyone for the worst beauty products of 2017. Of course there are probably worse products than the ones I'm listing and let's not forget about the terrible products of 2016, 2015,... But here are the products that I tried in 2017 and that just made me feel... sick... whenever I used them. Something is really off with all of these products, so beware.

1. Collistar Firming Stick



The lady at Ici Paris told me that if my skin turned a bit red at first, it wasn't a problem. I got this as a sample, by the way... I should have known, never trust anything they give for free. When I applied it, my skin didn't just get red for a while, I got a serious allergic reaction right where the product had been. My skin had thickened exactly where the roller had been. What if I had rubbed in it and touched my eyes? Collistar has also dissappointed me with their minty smelling "firming" oils and overpriced scrubs. I avoid the brand now.

2. YSL Tint in Balm

The smell... that is all... I don't like ammonia on my lips.



3. Hair products from L'Anza

Overpriced, and make hair feel disgusting.



4. Clarins Body Lift Bodylotion

I never liked Clarins, but this product got hyped as the must have anti cellulite cream. Big mistake. It was overpriced, smelled of mint, didn't work and was out of product over just a few applications.



5. Caudalie Gommage Crushed Cabernet

This scrub was wonderful, except for the horrible scent... like puke... must have been the grapeseed oil.



6. Guerlain Les Violettes powder

I love the scent and layout of this powder, but boy, did it look dry, yellow and did it hit the pan fast! I wonder why Guerlain makes such yellow powders and foundations! I avoid them now!



7. L'Oreal Volume Million

This hurts to say, but, this mascara actually sucks now. Is it because they turned the brush into a plastic comb? It hurts.



8. Physician's Formula Argan Oil Blush

Again, a product that looks divine, but it just looks red and flat on the cheeks. For the price of a high end blush, physician's formula needs to do better. I still haven't bought one PF product that I liked.



9. Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily Skin



It hurts when you liked a product for months only to find something else again and then realising how horrific the previous product was and how you ever survived with it on your face. The Revlon foundation may be sorta good for oily skin, all the shades are actually mega mega grey, like DEAD. I didn't realise until I started using the wonderful Estee Lauder Double Wear (my first real high end foundation). Also, the bottles were nasty, you could see the grey goo stick inside the black transparant cap, it also came full of labels, one bottle pump even broke... Wow... for over 20 euros per bottle they need to do better! Now I know why no one sells this brand in Belgium.

10. Mac Studio Fix Foundation

Again, something a lot of people say they like. Well, I tried it, it looked very chalky on me, made me look sick, dry, the shade didn't even match me. The L'Oreal compact is a lot better, but that one also leaves you very oily by night time. I just don't like compact foundations and do not recommand them. Same goes for ArtDeco compact foundation, which looked much darker on my skin than in the box.



11. ArtDeco makeup

I had high hopes for this mineral brand that they sell online and at Inno. But their lipliner looked much darker than in the applicator, the compact foundation was a dry dark mess and the magnetic eyeshadow had a lot of fallout and one even came broken.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar