Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My (dating) make up routine



I love looking perfect for a first date. Although I use the same make up routine, I make sure everything is blended perfectly, colors match and everything is a little bigger than usual: more blush, more mascara, ...

I use everything you see in the picture.

1. A base?

Garnier Essentials Daycream

Some people have asked me what a good base is to put underneath your foundation. So far I've tried primers and beauty lotions. The first would flake when touching it and the latter would feel heavy and never sink in.

My answer is: Garnier Essentials. I'm not a great fan of Garnier because it always makes my eyes/face sting. Maybe they use acids I can't handle? Anyway this daycream is superlight and I believe even the package said somewhere that it would make a good base for make up. There are 2 in green and pink. The pink one contains rose water I believe and the green one thistle flowers.

I'm not a HUGE fan of foundation bases, especially not in the summer. There's a logic: first of all it will always feel heavier and will always make it harder for your skin to breathe. Second, if you sweat, the make up does come off quicker than if you hadn't used a base. A base is best for wintertime: smoothing and buffing dry flakes or scars on your face, protecting it from dry air! Wonderful!

So even though a base is not the best idea in summer, I do use it. Why? Because I'm a huge fan of mousse foundations.

2. Mousse foundation

Catrice Mousse in shade 1 or 2

Mousse foundations may give the most plastery thick look, all and all it's not so bad if you use it on top of the base I described above. It sinks in immediately and what I do then is I take my foundation brush, dab it on the mousse foundation and start stroking it across my freshly washed and moisturised cheeks. I promise it gives a way better result than applying it on dry skin. Catrice is a cheap German brand with great make up. Their mousse covers perfectly which is exactly what I need with my uneven skintone and acne scars.

3. Bronzer and Blush

Rimmel Bronzer and Bourjois blush

For contouring tips, see older post.

4. Oogschaduwbasis



I love the eyeshadow base from NYC that comes in the new pallet. It is yellow which instantly neutralises the greyness of the eyelids. I only need a little bit!

5. Oogschaduw

Besides your foundation, your eyeshadow is the most important step in your routine. According to me, a good eyeshadow should at least:

- be well blended, which will make it look more expensive
- be gentle and not harsh. You want a pageant look, not a goth look. Think Liv Tyler.
- consist of (different) colors that match your person and the rest of your make up and outfit
- be applied with some tools such as a smudge brush, crease brush and regular eyeshadow brush. It doesn't cost you that much but makes you look perfect.

For a date I'll use an expensive eyeshadow. Reasons:

- better pigmentation
- usually the right colour palette
- reliable result
- fine resolution/grain



Catrice has the best mono eyeshadows for their price and the ones I like the most or on the left bottom corner of the picture. What I do is I apply a light slate shade all over my lid. Then I use a beige from the right top corner of the picture in my crease, half way up to my eyebrows and in the outer corner. I use a dark slate grey in the corner and the crease and to finish an even darker shade in the corner. I try to keep my inner corner as light as possible. I'll tell you later why.

6. Oogpotlood

An eyepencil should always promise to last long or to be waterproof. You have to test it on your hand for two reasons: see if it feels oily (sign that it's too smudgy and will probably melt, although this one is the best for swimming in the outdoors). The other reason: you can now try to smear it out, the ultimate test. It should not smear.

I love both black and shimmery brown eyeliner. The first is sexy in a harsh way, the second is kind of sultry. I like it harsh because I feel like my face needs the harshness of black eyeliner, pink lipstick and plum lipliner. Just see what goes best for you. How do I apply mine? I love it cute and sexy so what I do is I only apply a fat line reallty close to the outer half of my top lashes. Again, think Liv Tyler and her beautiful puppy eyes. I try to stay clear from the inner part. I set it with dark eyeshadow using a smudge brush and then I blend it out just a tiny tiny bit. This gives a subtle yet smokey eyeline.

7. Mascara

When I go on a date I like to talk and laugh a lot. Also I usually sit there for hours, and I can get nervous from time to time so there's one thing that needs to be in place: my mascara. When a mascara promised to be waterproof, it isn't always that. Let's just keep it short, the only one you can trust is one by Maybelline. To be more specific: Maybelline Colossol and Maybelline Falsies (both the ones with the blue letters: stands for waterproof). I'm serious, these are the only ones I trust! Plus they all have big brushes. That's one of the keys to nice full mascara. And when it comes to length, ... these mascaras will all do that for you!

8. Eyelash curler

They say not to curl your lashes after applying mascara, but I do it anyway because it has way more effect! Curl your lashes after mascara and your eyes will look huge and sexy. Apply a bit more mascara to compensate for any loss on the curler.

You can use fake eye lashes but there are a few reasons why not to. The biggest reason is that if one would come off during the date it would ruin your first impression or even worse he might never want to see you again because of your fakeness. Second, even if he didn't notice you can't put it on again unless you carry your 10 pound make up rescue kit containing your glue and making him wait for 15 minutes while you're in the bathroom. You would have to pull off the other one as well and that would definitely ruin your mascara/eyeshadow etc. ... Another reason is that you simply shouldn't go all that way on a first date. Most girls don't need fake lashes. It can make you look amazing...but personally on me it looks too much and that's because I have long lashes and big eyes. You can look great without them and amaze him by even looking better by using them on your second date.

9. Lipstick

Forget what I said about mascara needing to last the longest of all your make up. It's lipstick that should last the longest! You're drinking, eating, maybe kissing at the end of the night...you're wearing lipliner and you don't want to content to fade... My mate for years has been Nivea Extreme Last lipstick in a deep pink. It goes great with my favourite lipliner from Essence in plum shade. I also use a contouring trick on my lips: I line a little bit outside my natural line + I line the corners more to create a deep effect.

10. Highlighter

With a blush brush I add highlighter on top of my blush to look sexy.

11. Contouring the nose/making lips look bigger

See previous post

12. Curling my hair

Get a good curling iron from Babyliss for only 30 euros. Every girl should have one. Curls are in at the moment.

13. Fix hair with shimmering hair spray

With classic L'Oreal ELnette. Use a bit on your face with closed eyes to set your make up.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar