Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gimme Precisely Brows, please–A BeneBrow Haul


I'm such a sucker. Last month, I went to the mall, since it's just right down the street from where I work. I needed to get my brows waxed at the Macy's Benefit Brow Bar a week before my engagement photo session. So I got them waxed, and the lady who waxed them offered to put some eyebrow makeup on me. She reached for the Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil, and she started to to draw some lines on her hands. I got really nervous, because I want my brows to look natural and not have that fake-Instagram look, and the pencil looked a bit too dark and pigmented for my taste. She told me not to worry, because as soon as she blends it, it would look natural. She outlines the shape with the pencil and fills them in, along with using the Benefit Gimme Brow.

I loved how my brows looked so much that I decided to pre-order, since they were offering that a few days before the Benefit Brow Collection launch. And I loved how the ladies at the Benefit Brow are not as pushy as the beauty saleswomen who worked alongside Anastasia Beverly Hills, Too Faced, Tarte, Smashbox, BareMinerals, etc.

The Benefit Brow Collection released in June 2016, with new brow products in various formulas such as gel, pencil, and powder. There are also the original products (Gimme Brow and Brow Zings) in the collection that have been repackaged to that silver-clear exterior. I find it funny how Precisely, My Brow looks like an X-acto knife :)


Benefit Precisely, My Brow is a pencil similar to Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and the NYX Micro Brow in which the pencil is retractable and that there is a spoolie on the other end. It comes in 6 shades, with 1 being the lightest and 6 the darkest. I got shade 5. As the name states, it is extremely thin and precise, that you can fill in the gaps in your brows lightly with this and it gives the illusion of fuller brows. It is perfect to draw the tip of your outer brow, which I know is not easy. It's not at all cheap for $24 (that's $3 more than Brow Wiz), but I feel like it the pigment would help make it last a long time. You can push harder for more pressure and a stronger, more defined brow, or you can just lightly fill it in. I want my brows to be defined, but also natural. Though I like using it in conjunction with Gimme Brow, I also use this alone, especially when I am in a hurry :)

Gimme Brow is one of the classic Benefit Brow products that has been repackaged to fit in with the rest of the collection. Here is what the old packaging looks like:


I actually never considered purchasing it until a classmate from university was raving about it to me and she showed me a photo of herself wearing it. I could've sworn she didn't have any at all! That's how natural it looked on her! At the time, I was not big on brow products (I just started using the NYX brow powder!), so I couldn't justify spending $24 on it. So months later, I got its dupe, the Maybelline Brow Powder. Though I love the Maybelline Brow Drama, the Gimme Brow is a much smaller spoolie, making those hard-to-reach-and-fill areas easier. Gimme Brow comes in 3 shades: 1 (light), 3 (medium), and 5 (deep, which is what I have).

Spoolies for Gimme Brow (left) and Precisely, My Brow (right)

So using these products together and after trying to mimic my wax lady's technique, here is how I did my own brows....

I know they're not the same on both sides, but I've heard the saying that brows are sisters, not twins.

I do highly recommend both products, and they work fantastically together and on their own. Precisely, My Brow also lasts up to 12 hours! I wore it during my date with Cecilio at the fair, and while the rest of my makeup melted from the heat, the brows didn't budge.

Do you have any brow products from Benefit that you love?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar